Genestra Cal Mag Raspberry Liquid 450ml
|Any applicable discounts applied automatically in cart.|
Calcium and magnesium citrate formula with vitamin D
• Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
• Helps in tissue formation and in maintaining proper muscle function
• Helps to prevent vitamin D deficiency
High bioavailability formula
• Calcium and magnesium are delivered in citrate form, providing superior bioavailability1,2
Great-tasting natural raspberry flavoured liquid format
• Ideal for vegetarians
Cal Mag Raspberry Liquid supports bone health with a combination of calcium, magnesium and vitamin D. Calcium citrate is an organic form of calcium that is significantly better absorbed in postmenopausal women than inorganic calcium oxide.1 Magnesium citrate is a highly bioavailable form of magnesium2 that helps to maintain bone mineral density: in healthy young men, regular magnesium supplementation has been shown to suppress bone turnover rates.3 Vitamin D improves the absorption of calcium and phosphorous, and helps in the maintenance of bone health. Osteoporosis Canada’s guideline statements recommend a daily vitamin D intake of 400-1000 IU for low-risk adults under 50 years of age and 800-2000 IU for high-risk and older adults.4 Vitamin D intakes of 700-800 IU/day are associated with a decreased risk of bone fracture, in comparison with 400 IU/day.5
Take 1 tablespoon daily with a meal, a few hours before or after taking medications, or as recommended by your health professional. Shake well before each use. Do not drink directly from the bottle.
Warning: If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use. CAUTION: Accidental overdose of liquid vitamin D products can lead to serious adverse side effects in infants. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR INFANTS. The recommended daily dose of vitamin D for infants is 10 mcg (400 IU). This product delivers 25 mcg (1,000 IU) of vitamin D per dose. Keep out of the reach of children. Use only if safety seal is intact. Do not refrigerate. Store in a cool, dry place.
Serving Size 1 Tablespoon (15 mL), Servings per Container about 30
Amount Per Serving % DV
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 25 mcg (1,000 IU) 125%
Calcium (as calcium citrate) 500 mg 38%
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) 200 mg 48%
Other ingredients: Purified water, xylitol, natural raspberry flavor, citric acid, xanthan gum, stevia leaf extract (glucosylsteviosides), potassium sorbate
1. Heller HJ, Greer LG, Haynes SD, Poindexter JR, Pak CY. J Clin Pharmacol.2000 Nov;40(11):1237-44.
2. Walker AF, Marakis G, Christie S, Byng M. Magnes Res. 2003; Sep;16(3): 183-91
3. Dimai HP, Porta S, Wirnsberger G, Lindschinger M, Pamperl I, Dobnig H, Wilders-Truschnig M, Lau KH. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998; Aug;83(8): 2742-8
4. Hanley DA et al. Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2010
5. Bischoff-Ferrari H, Willett WC, Wong JB, Giovannucci E, Dietrich T, Dawson-Hughes B. JAMA. 2005; 293: 2257-64