SelenoPhenol 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Selenium and blueberry antioxidant combination
- Provides 200 mcg of selenomethionine, a bioavailable, organic form of selenium, per daily dose
- Includes 50 mg of blueberry extract (1.5 g fresh fruit equivalent) per daily dose
- Source of antioxidants that help protect against oxidative stress
- Helps to maintain normal thyroid gland function and prevent selenium deficiency
SelenoPhenol supports antioxidant defence and helps maintain thyroid gland function with a unique combination of selenium and blueberry extract. Selenium is offered in the bioavailable, organic form of selenomethionine, the predominant form found in foods.1 In the body, selenium is an important component of the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase, which helps decrease oxidative damage to maintain healthy lipids, protein and DNA.2 This mineral is also highly concentrated in the thyroid gland, where it helps support normal thyroid function.2 Selenium plays a role in thyroid hormone metabolism, while decreasing the oxidative damage produced during this metabolic process.2,3 For additional antioxidant support, SelenoPhenol includes blueberry fruit extract. Blueberries are known for their high concentration of anthocyanins, which provide effective antioxidant activity and may cross the blood-brain barrier.4,5 As oxidative stress may increase over time, individuals, particularly the elderly, may experience benefits from increasing their daily antioxidant intake.4,5
1. Otten, JJ, Hellwig, JP, Meyers, LD. (2006). Dietary Reference Intakes: The Essential Guide to Nutrient Requirements. USA: National Academies Press. 2. Zoidis, E, Seremelis, I, Kontopoulos, N, Danezis, GP. Antioxidants (Basel). 2018; 7(5). pii: E66. 3. Tinggi, U. Environ Health Prev Med. 2008; 13: 102-108. 4. Kelly, E, Vyas, P, Weber, JT. Molecules. 2017; 23(1). pii: E26. 5. Shukitt-Hale, B. Gerontology. 2012; 58(6): 518-23.