Super DHA Forte Softchew 30 Softchews
Delicious softchews with a 5:1 ratio of DHA to EPA
- Helps support cognitive health and brain function
- Aids in the development of the brain, eyes and nerves in children up to 12 years of age
- Offers bioavailable fish oil in the triglyceride form, manufactured utilizing patented pre-emulsification technology for enhanced absorption
- Available in unique emulsified gelatin softchews with a great-tasting, natural lemon-lime flavour
- Provides 250 mg of DHA and 50 mg of EPA per softchew
Super DHA Forte Softchew was specifically designed to support cognitive function with a higher concentration of DHA than EPA. DHA is the most abundant omega-3 fatty acid in the brain, where it helps support membrane fluidity, neuronal signalling and neuron health.1 DHA is critical for proper brain and retinal development during the final trimester of pregnancy and early childhood, and helps to maintain cognitive health in adults and the elderly.1 Normal aging is associated with oxidative stress, inflammation and impaired energy metabolism, which can impact learning and memory processes.2 DHA may provide cognitive support by reducing inflammation and oxidative damage through the production of resolvins and neuroprotectins; improving cerebral blood flow; and increasing the formation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a protein involved in learning and memory.3 Super DHA Forte Softchew features exceptionally pure fish oil in the triglyceride form, which has demonstrated greater bioavailability than ethyl esters in clinical research.4,5 To further enhance absorption, this formula utilizes patented pre-emulsification technology that has been shown to significantly increase the bioavailability of triglyceride fish oil when compared to a traditional softgel format.6 Ideal for those who dislike swallowing capsules, this great-tasting formula is an easy way to support cognitive health in both adults and children.
1. Echeverría, F, Valenzuela, R, Catalina Hernandez-Rodas, M, Valenzuela, A. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2017; 124: 1-10. 2. Dyall, SC. Front Aging Neurosci. 2015; 7: 52. 3. Weiser, MJ, Butt, CM, Mohajeri, MH. Nutrients. 2016; 8(2): 99. 4. Dyerberg, J, Madsen, P, Møller, JM, Aardestrup, I, Schmidt, EB. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2010; 83(3): 137-41. 5. Neubronner, J, Schuchardt, JP, Kressel, G, Merkel, M, von Schacky, C, Hahn, A. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011; 65(2): 247-54. 6. Haug, IJ, Sagmo, LB, Zeiss, D, Olsen, IC, Draget, KI, Seternes, T. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol. 2011; 113: 137-145.